Since my last blog entry, I have learned that part of my song is way off. What I mean by this is that I have written part of my song in 2/4 and not 3/4. This screwed up everything else and threw off the felling that I had. I have also learned that I am in desperate need of a melody. Something that the audience can take away and remember . Something that leaves an impact on the audience. I will be going through a lot of my notes and try to figure out a little melody for 3/4 time that I can apply to my song. I also will be focusing on the rhythm so that it all makes sense and so that the audience can tell that it is a waltz. Not just any waltz, but a waltz with my depression.
As for what I have done, I have had a meeting with my mentor and I had looked over my 50 measures of song to see what I can improve on. So far, I have gotten tons of feedback. All of which is helpful. I have also learned up to measure 35 of my song. Although, with that, I am having a few troubles with timing and the such. Just regular problems I have with music. Now, when it comes to the cover art for the album, I have done three drafts and have finished it. It is ready to be scanned and used as the cover art.
Several things have gone wrong for me. I have made a major mistake with timing within my song. As mentioned earlier, I have written a large chunk of my song in 2/4 and not 3/4 like intended. I also have been struggling to find an appropriate melody to fit into my song. Considering how it is going, I may just end up putting a key-change from F to F minor. I will also be meeting with my mentor to try to brainstorm a few more ideas for the song and straiten things out.